Monday 13 February 2006

The Artist' Way - Week 4 - Check In.

Week 4 has given me the irits over the 'Reading Deprivation'!
For me it's too off the wall.
Reading is not a reward, not therapy, it's pleasure.
Like how far were you expected to go? No reading
emails, the TV guide, recipes, snail mail, blogs, bill
boards, the back of shopper dockets, love letters,
postcardsfrom friends overseas, did I miss something
in the translation?
Like the inference that you could do other things instead
of reading is crap to me. Wash the dog, don't have one and
ifI did reading wouldn't stop me.
Rewire the lamp, paint thebedroom, go dancing...........Haaaa!
I could still do all or any of that and read as well - no not at
the same time - at well spaced intervals of course!
Can ya tell I'm Over It??
Why in hell's name deny yourself something that is pleasure,
not bad for you and part of every day life that surely doesn't
impinge on your creative self - well not mine anyway?
So I'm Over week 4 - well and truly.
Nope I still haven't missed a Morning Page. I am not thrilled
with the tasks this week either and NO there was nothing
significant in my creative recovery ...... NEXT!!

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails