Saturday 11 March 2006

LOST ALONG THE ARTIST’S WAY!

At Week 6 “the Recovering a Sense of Abundance” AW journey was progressing nicely. Mmmm abundance had a pleasant ring to it. Plentiful, yep I have loads of enthusiasm, talent, positivity, modesty, this week will go well. NOT!!!!!!!

That God word appeared again. That was it for me. The lights went out the shutters went down and AW became buried under gorgeous copies of Quilting Arts, Cloth Paper & Scissors, and anything else in reach that didn’t include the G word.

The G word produces an irritation that makes the hairs on this fair flesh stand upright. Despite years of discussion, listening to points of views of believers and non-believers, as well as almost coming to terms with the thought that god is really within each individual, when the G word appeared on p.106 foe me it became an I’m Over It reaction!!! Questions like “what if god’s a woman" …well … hello, what does it matter?

Don’t get me wrong here. People who believe have my utmost respect. If it makes them feel better then it makes me feel better for them too. Such personal opinions have long made me wonder why the word offends me. How the over use of it by the G blamers …those who won’t accept responsibility for their own actions as they echo “G made me do it” make me want to scream … Nah you did it yourself. We have choices. We have a subconscious and using the G word as a reason for how, or when, or why and why not something was or wasn’t done is a cop out!! Phew glad that’s off my chest.

So with that revelation AW, MP’s and reading was put aside. Not out of my thoughts though.

Today - Day 52
The AW commitment had been made. As a woman of my word the feeling of letting myself, only myself, down irked me.
So today, the afternoon of Day 56 AW’s returned to my daily life!
Morning pages plus reading and journalling from p.106 to p.149 the end of chapter 8.

Briefly:
WEEK 7 –
Jealousy doesn’t exist in my life so the exercise on p.124 is not for me.
Archaeology exercise has all been dealt with an not where my creativity lurks.
Positive Inventory, taking stock of the good I have to build on in the present is everything – all is good in my life!

The Tasks 1 – 7 were inane.

Task 8 – Five Fave Films
The Generals Daughter
The Angel one or is it Michael with Travolta – anything of J Travolta
Moulin Rouge
Old black & white’s

Task 9 – Fave topics to read about
Positive Thinking
Memoirs
Australian history
Stories of survival
The Irish diaspora
Week 7 Artist’s date - was book shop trawling – coffee – craft store = Heaven.

WEEK 8
I was confused as to why Cameron writes that all artists’s must learn the art of surviving loss. Isn’t that a human experience that all people whether artistic or not have to face? Flagging and mourning loss has been done over and over for me so I found this topic of no value. I did agree with her observation that academia harbours a deadly foe to creative spirit. As a mature age student, in 2003, I earned a degree in Sociology. But what a slog it could have been had I not realised, early on that academia wanted to hear what they wanted to hear. Criticism and argument had to be addressed in a format that had been around for hundreds of years. No individuality, no off the wall research and no criticism of them. Academia is for academics. To hold the outside world in awe, to separate themselves from the status quo and to squash any glimmer of individuality that might challenge their hallowed halls – bah humbug.

This AW sends me off on tangents that stroke and make my thinking creativity blossom – but drat – that’s not why I’m doing this …that’s another story!!
I agreed too with her “every end is a beginning” that old adage “one door closes another one opens” is a much used personal fave as well as her “HOW instead of WHY ME’. Cameron has played with my thoughts. From irritation to agreement she has got my creative thinking, creatively writing nut just as she get’s me calm she throws the curved “too old” number and I’m Over It again!!
Early Patternings exercise was all done in my life years ago.

The tasks were back onto the “DREAM” routine again and like I’ve said before, I don’t dream. The “list 5 things you are not allowed to do” Come ON … there is NOTHING that I am not allowed to do!!!! So for me these exercises detracted from the zillion positive things to think about and accomplish – these exercises were a load of codswallop!!! Gone sufing!


WEEK 9.
Julia’s reminding me that my artist is a creative child – well how come this kid has the money to gain and gather the goodies needed for the upcoming projects of beauty and wonderment I’m about to let loose.

I’ve Blasted through the Blocks minus resentment.

Week 9 Artist’s Date was stupendous today. With my PIC the most amazing visual feast of all things any artist could need was discovered plus finding another stunning publication heralded that creativity is flowing in the right direction and loaded to the hilt with FUN!
Stay Tuned!

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails