Sunday 24 June 2007

Cat Sitting ...

This is the amazing cat 'One Down' aka 'Matey' I am currently feeding him and talking to him. He was the lifelong mate of my upstairs neighbour who I discovered had died. These two were inseparable. One Down with three legs, is king of the neighbourhood. He was rescued by the local police, after being hit by a car, repaired by a generous vet and fortunately, adopted by a kind, gentle man who died alone, undiscovered for four days ... so sad!

Now One Down's an orphan. He's taken up residence at the front of the building, probably waiting for his Dad to return. I contemplated adoption, but this fella is way to big, too in charge and too in love with the outdoors for me - so for now I'm cat sitting, not inside, he's still waiting ...
I did bring him in for a visit - look at him posing on the flokati - what a fine three legged specimen he is ...



0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails