Wednesday 26 December 2007

Sunday Scribblings - # 90 Holiday Memories

A memorable holiday memory - 92 year old Dad, watching the the blue flames whooshing over the Christmas pudding courtesy of gas lighter and a slurp of Brandy ...
Savouring the flavour with lashings of Brandy Sauce as Dad spooned through his serve looking for a "threepenny or sixpenny bit". Dad gave it the thumbs up reckoning the pudding was one "One of the best!"

I didn't tell him how I'd modified Mum's fifty five year old recipe to be gluten free or that I'd included Cranberries ... everyone agreed it was sensaish!

3 Comments:

Robin said...

A very special moment indeed. Thank you for sharing it.

myrtle beached whale said...

great memory. haven't had Christmas pudding since I lived in England. I am sure I would agree with your dad and give you the thumbs up.

Tumblewords: said...

I'll bet it was sensaish!

Related Posts with Thumbnails