Tuesday 18 March 2008

Ten on Tuesday ... 10 Places You’d Take a Tourist to See in Your Hometown

1. Take the bus from my house, through historic Balmain to the Darling Street wharf then hop a ferry across Sydney Harbour to Circular Quay.

2. On this trip you get a birds eye view of Sydney Harbour Bridge as you go underneath it, you have a perfect view of The Opera House, ships moored at the Overseas Passenger Terminal and the hustle and bustle of water traffic on Sydney Harbour.

3. Take the lift up Centrpoint Tower and walk out onto the glass floor veiwing section - I'll wait inside for you!

4. Take a bus out to Bondi Beach have lunch at Bondi Icebergs.

5. At Bondi Beach take the cliff walk around to Tamarama and Bronte Beach excellent when Sculpture by the Sea is showing, have lunch at Bronte and take the bus back to the city.

6. Shopping in the beautiful QVB / Queen Victoria Building, then across to the Pitt Street Mall, where you might see the HUG MAN.

6. Dine down at the Rocks - Doyles or Woolfies and after stroll around the Rocks especially if Friday night markets are on.

7. A day trip to the Blue Mountains, see the Three Sisters, Echo Point, ride the longest Railway.

8. Take the bridge walk ... a walk over the arch of the Sydney Harbour Bridge.

9. It would depend on the interests of the tourists - we could go to The Maritime Museum, The Sydney Museum, The Art Gallery, The Museum of Contemporary Art, we could browse op shops, Antique stores, Sunday markets, China Town, Retro stores in Newtown, Factory outlets, live shows and theatre matinee's or night shows, shop in trendy Paddington, or shop in gay Oxford Street ...

10. Watch the sun go down drinking cool refreshing glasses of happiness at the Opera Bar listening to the noises of Sydney Harbour ... bliss!

Google any of the places I've mentioned to see what's in store for you when you visit me ...

4 Comments:

Monkey! said...

Sounds like an awesome trip!

Teena in Toronto said...

I lived in Sydney for five years ... Sydney, Nova Scotia. Ha!

I played too ... come check out Toronto :)

Unknown said...

Oh My Gosh! I love Syndey! I have always wanted to visit. Maybe someday. I had a huge poster of the Opera House on my bedroom wall when I was a teen.

Thanks for sharing! Hope you had a great Tuesday!

Granny Smith said...

This takes me back! We lived in Australia for a year - in Melbourne, but we visited Sydney often.

Related Posts with Thumbnails