Tuesday 12 August 2008

Write on Wednesday - July 29 - late



Becca on July 29 5 asked ...
How about you? How do you cultivate creativity in your life? Have you found the things that make you come alive? Are you doing them? Shouldn’t you be?


Creativity encomasses me, is part of my everyday life. The joys of being retired, living alone, Ooops sorry Blossom, make it possible for shelves to buckle, cupboards to groan as I stack fabric, embellishments, found objects and stuff against the doors to stop the contents falling out. It's everywhere.

But ... there in lies my problem. Living with beauty, meaning, desireable and much loved collections makes the choice of what to do next practically impossible.

I'm currently engrossed in Carmel Bird's "Writing the Story of you Life" ... obviously I'm writing a memoir, therefore seeking to cultivate my creativity surrounding the story of my life. For me when I want to create with fabric or stitching I look to books, magazines and the plethora of online inspirations for creative cultivation. Seeking is my ideal for cultivating creativity.

Researching makes me come alive. Curiosity sidetracks me. Information on an an era I go to an historical source, a word then to the dictionary or thesaurus is the answer, having a punt on a Saturday afternoon I read the race form ... Carmel Bird won't give me the winning horses for that days racing ... or will she?

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails