Tuesday 27 January 2009

My new diary ... courtesy Rebound Books


In December while browsing the Finder Keepers Market at the Carriageworks we discovered Rebound Books.

Natalie and Ben turn old books into timeless treaures ... diaries, journals or notebooks ... I was enamoured.


For years I'd lugged round a Golden Book, apparently for this very reason.


I contacted the wonderful Natalie and Ben, yes send your book they said and today it arrived back to me as my 2009 Diary ...


I am ecstatic, can you believe this gem ...







The introduction inside the first page tells the story of Rebound. Each book is printed locally using vegetable based inks on Australian made, 100% recycled paper ... wait till you see what they do with the spine of each book

Next comes a page for New Year resolution notes and the Auslan alphabet ...

Next 2009 and 2010 calendars ...



Then the beautiful introduction page from my Little Golden Book ... yes the story from my cover book is included ...


Every page from the original book is sprinkled throughout the diary ...


... as well as a blank page for notes or whatever take your fancy ... bliss.

I've told you early enough to start and plan for gifts throughout the year. Be the first to give these beautiful gifts.

Natalie and Ben came up with this brilliant idea and deserve optimum support in another step to saving our planet with their recycling, ingenious, invention ... gotta go and fill in my diary ... Yayyyyyyyyy

I'm Rebound Books number one fan ... check them out here

4 Comments:

paisley said...

what an excellent idea!!!! i love it.. where are those folks located?? i might see if i cant sent them my fav as well......

Nancy said...

i'm in love with it...i have saved books for years and years...for just this?...

paris parfait said...

Oh how fantastic! That is wonderful. I think I'll do that with my childhood favourite Little Women. It's falling apart, so could use a little makeover!

Faye said...

******, (if feels strange calling you Red) It is so good to read your Blog again. Specially to see you're actually writting again. So sorry to hear about your Dad, hope he is improving. Also to read about your arm as well. Will be intouch, I've been away for 7 weeks with only dial-up grrrr!!!
hugz - FDS

Related Posts with Thumbnails