Monday 23 February 2009

Sunday Scribblings #151 ... TRUST ...

TRUST …

Pondering this Sunday Scribbling prompt immediately reminded me of my first confrontation with trust concerning my so called best friend at the time and my husband. My immediate plan was the write about this ultimate betrayal. How trust was broken, the consequences plus think about trust. But I remembered other episodes.


Like the two girls I employed, how I trusted them implicitly in the business, how the business went bust yet, later, they took a trip to Greece. I congratulated them. Years later I realised more than likely I paid for their trip. The next one was about how I set off to open a restaurant with the then loser of my life. I put up the collateral. When he couldn’t take the heat he fled the kitchen. Before he left town he filled his mates car with petrol on the business account. I heard for the next month flashed plenty of cash


The thread in my experiences wasn’t trust it was my stupidity. Yes I’d trusted these low lifes with friendship, familiarity, confidence and honesty to be by my side. I’d neglected my personal short comings by believing I was such a good judge of character, always sure I could trust with the belief of ‘do unto others.’


These episodes, over three decades, were because of who I was at that time.
Thankfully I’ve learnt to trust you must first trust yourself … isn’t hindsight a wonderful thing??

4 Comments:

myrtle beached whale said...

People will definitely let you down but they are all we have. Sucks don't it?

Welcome back. I missed you.

anthonynorth said...

Trust is so important - yet so is our instinct on knowing who to trust. We so often get it wrong.

Tumblewords: said...

It takes a long time to learn the lessons! You're so right about hindsight -

Lucy said...

hindsight IS either a wonderful thing or a bitch!
glad you aren't bitter from these distrustful few
thanks for your comment today!
missed u too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails