Sunday 6 December 2009

:: My Place or Yours: Wherever I lay my hat that's my home ... Meet Me at Mikes

The Theme Queen this week is Tania from Myrtle and Eunice ... and she writes :::

By the look in your eye I can tell you’re gonna cry.
Is it over me?
If it is, save your tears
For IIIIIIIIIIIIII’m not worth it, you see.
For I’m the type of boy who is always on the roam,
Wherever I lay my hat, that’s my home.*


(The Paul Young version because I have lived all this time until five minutes ago, without knowing Marvin Gaye was the original commitment-phobe, singing floozy).

The very lovely Pip is letting me play My Place and Yours Theme Queen this week. In true themely queenly style, I would love to know, what object would you take wherever you roam, because it makes your house feel like a ‘home’?



For me :::


Always on the move, always looking for something. It all fell into place fifteen years ago when I found everything I'd been searching for was right here ... right in me, with me, in my heart my soul! 


Previously everywhere I lay my hat my photo's made my surroundings of the time mine, all mine. They made me smile, made me cry. Eventually the faces, the memories enticed me to decide the time was right. It was time to get off the merry-go-round that was life then. 


Here's a glimpse of some of my photo's ... plus a smidge of other treasures including three items that co-incide with where we visited  yesterday.


The story of the three treasures will be told in my post tomorrow. 











Take a peek at where others lay their hats HERE







::: SORRY this weeks GIVEAWAY isn't forgotten  :::


No fancy excuses just  I need more hours in my day. 


I'll post a GIVEAWAY tomorrow ... please pop back!






4 Comments:

Jackie said...

Photos are a lovely way to gather your family around you when they can't actually be there. Sounds like you are content with your own company these days and need little from the outside.

Angela Harris said...

I LOVE the mirror in that photo! WOW!

the bashful owl said...

What a lovely place to feel you belong. Thanks for sharing.

Tania said...

Oh, my giddy aunt! The treasures! Looking forward to those stories...

Related Posts with Thumbnails