Tuesday 12 October 2010

Wall construction material ??? on Market Street wall of Westfield Centrepoint ...

The iconic Centrepoint Tower building on the Pitt, Market, Castlereagh Street block in the centre of Sydney ...
is currently under re-construction.
Today I was stopped in my tracks by the finish on the Market Street wall ...
is it paying homage to recycling, knotting, quilting or craft ???
At first glance it's massive woven rope pattern ...
almost like huge blocks ...
out came the camera ...
I was intrigued ...
could it be gigantic bales?
Look at the height of it ...
compared to the size of people ...
isn't it amazing?
When I find out more you'll be the first to know ...
watch this space ...

OK here's the answer ... I simply had to know ... read here.

2 Comments:

Lillipilli Lane said...

Wow, what a brilliant sculpture, that's one thing I would love to try! What a lovely art piece to share with the city-goers. Nice, tks for sharing:)

Anonymous said...

wow,

this must have taken a na mazing amount of hours.

And the texture...

fantastic.

Related Posts with Thumbnails