Friday 1 April 2011

Solid Gold Banana's = not an April Fool prank

See these gorgeous golden, firm, plump, yellow fruits ...
from the sunny lands up north that were recently so desecrated!

We were warned the price of produce would skyrocket.

How much do you reckon I paid for these gems ...
at the local IGA in Sydney's Inner West?
weighing in at 1.205kg ...
I eat one a day ...
so they're selected with a tinge of green to make them last!

        The cost ... $15.65.

I justify that $12.99 a kilo ...
knowing that each one of these healthy morsels ...
cost me only $3.13 each!

Cheaper than a cappuccino ...
or a multitude of other stuff people put in their mouths!

My solid gold banana's really aren't that expensive ...
except if you have a family clamouring!

BUT ...
What happens to the banana's going black on the supermarket display?
Why not lower the price and sell more?
Why are families deprived in the name of greed and waste ...
shame on the banana powers that be!

No shame on the growers, betcha they're not getting that price ...
shame on the banana powers that be who ever they are!

7 Comments:

Nelly said...

I havnet bought bananas for weeks Highest I have seen here is $10 a kilo.
What made me mad is the fact only a few days after the cyclone the prices went up yet they would have been ones already put in storage by the shops.
Hope you enjoy every one of them

Jackie said...

They are $12.99 a kilo here but apparently in Queanbeyan they are over $20 a kilo. That's solid gold!!!

quiltjude said...

Im in tassie, today I saw them for $15 a kilo. so I only bought one! I'll have to go halves with my hubby :)

Enchanted Moments said...

$16.00 here, I bought some,...I figure my children eat the whole thing...they dont waste them and they were lovely little chubby ones....but I agree, they could be having some on sale for cooking etc..you arent going to buy them for that price a kilo to let them go black for a banana cake are you...? no........

Anonymous said...

$15 dollars at IGA Stanmore. Bought a few the other day @ $10/kilo- $2.00 each- nectarines are cheaper!

Maxabella said...

Oh my! We are officially off the bananas until the price comes down. Sad but true. I am so into oranges right now! x

River said...

I agree the fully ripened ones should be sold at a reduced price, there's nothing wrong with them, they just won't keep more than a day or two before being only suitable for cooking.
But more importantly, you have A BANANA HOOK!!
pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease tell me where I can get one. I've not seen them here in Sth Aust. May I print the image so I can take it around the shops?

Related Posts with Thumbnails