Saturday 27 April 2013

A Self Discovery Journey = Paper, Glue, Collage, Art theory ... not for me

The workshop I've recently been doing ...
became a reminder ...
that paper, glue, collage and related ...
is not for me! 

Drawing this exquisite floral arrangement ...
caused me brain damage ...
 drawing then a collage of the said arrangement ...
made me want to scream ...
again ...
not for me ...
the origins of the leaf ...
now that was fascinating!!
The task was making a collage on ...
"What brings you joy?"

If you know me it's the same old story ...
LIFE!

The task gave me no self satisfaction ...
I was eager for it to end.
BUT ...
all was not lost!!

The facilitators were divine, well informed, patient, gorgeous ...
the venue was superb ...
the company was interesting ...
the journey there each week was most enjoyable.

It was a learning experience!

I discovered ...
I don't like working with paper. 

Drawing, cutting, pasteing, collage is kids fun ...
the sticky gluey fingers were yuk ...
that spoilt everything else I touched ...
I loathed working with newspapers ...
I was irritated to the enth degree!!

BUT ...
In the end I wasn't disappointed ...
it had been a journey of self discovery.

I was blessed & priviledged to experience ...
the knowledge of the tutors ...
and grateful for their genuine warmth & sincerity!

Now please pass the pliers ...
there's a new roll of re-bar wire with my name on it!
  

2 Comments:

crazyquilter said...

I don't like getting glue on my fingers either, so probably I would not have considered the experience to be my cup of tea.

Glad you endured and managed to glean something good and worthwhile from the whole process.

Jackie said...

We all have our particular preferences for creating. I gave all my pencils, paints and paper to my daughter the other day. Fabric is definitely my first love and she is a very talented artist (though she doesn't actually recognise that yet) Best to stick with what we love.xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails