Thursday 25 April 2013

My ANZAC Heroes ... age shall not weary them ...


April 25 is the day we remember our ANZAC heroes 
My maternal Grandfather fought in France in WWI ...
here he is 1916 ...
the sight of that little dog makes us smile! 

In WII my Dad served with Fortress Engineers ...
he was in Darwin when it was bombed ...
he told horror stories that tormented him for too long.


My Bro served with the Signal Corp ...
in Malaysia & Vietnam ...
he never recovered from what he saw and experienced ...
it all finally took him from us in 2001. 

Age shall not weary them nor the years condem
at the going down of the sun
and in the morning
we shall remember them.

1 Comments:

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

I was fascinated by the information in the ANZAC website link. We are all taught about the wars that our countrymen fought and never hear the details about others. Thank you for sharing this, and for the wonderful family photos that you posted. My thoughts go to all the brave men who fought in those wars, for their courage, and for what they had to endure.

Related Posts with Thumbnails