Sunday 30 June 2013

Textile Tales & Woven Journeys = Done ...

In 2003 after graduating with a Sociology degree ...
I went in search of my creative self.
Browsing in Basement Books ...
this gem fell off the shelf at me ...
it was like coming home ...
Judith Baker Montano gave me goose bumps ...
I'd not seen anything like it ...
I was infatuated ...
I devoured the book ...
I searched online ...
there was a huge network of like minded women...
who adored Crazy Quilting ...
there was life outside academia.

Life long friendships were made ...
creative opportunities happened.

I created this 'block' purely from the book ...
and recalling the childhood stitching skills ...
my Grandma's had given me. 
 Ten years on this textile & my story is included in ...
The impact this work has had on my creative journey ...
makes me grateful & blessed.

1 Comments:

crazyquilter said...

How time goes by. How lovely to stop and recall a momentous time in your life and opening up the world of creativity that you love so much.

Related Posts with Thumbnails